Simply Me

I woke up this morning, tired frustrated from the night before. Tired because I choked down NyQuil moments before my boyfriend tackled and kept me up for hours.  I know at this point most of you are thinking “there is no way you had sex for hours, you’d cramp up or something…… Right? “. Well normally you would be right but in this case your wrong. Long story short alcohol, sugar and walking around in a T-shirt makes for a sleepless night. Once he collapsed from what I assume was sheer exhaustion, I allowed the NyQuil to take over and guide me gently to land of sleep. When I woke later that day (which was yesterday), groggy, mouth dry, and eyes struggling to focus. I sat up, at the edge of my bed trying to get my bearings and to figure out how much of the day had wasted away as I slept. As my eyes cleared, I glanced over at my computer and thought to myself “Even though the distance is short, I don’t quite feel like wasting the effort to reach my computer”. Although the distance was short, in my sleep deprived mind it seemed like a journey from where I sat. Just as I was about to admit defeat and chalk the day up to a loss, a thought came to me;  my phone. I scanned the mattress and the nearby sidetable for the answer, and to my dismay it wasn’t there. I checked under the unclipped coupons from last week’s circuler, and underneath my pillows;  but each location turned up nothing.
Again I looked to me computer, hoping that I could simply will it to me, sadly this isn’t scifi. I am aware that it’s not possible  to will an object over but it doesn’t hurt to try. Finally I submit and begin this weird GI Joe half crawl to my computer, within seconds lI reach my computer; and shocker my damn phone lay beneath it blinking every so often.  I boot up my computer as I wake my phone to see my notifications. It’s 12:45pm, I still have to detangle my hair and deep condition it, and cook dinner before 5pm.  I take a moment to gather my thoughts and make my way to the kitchen. Forty minutes later the chicken is cleaned and seasoned and set to marinate.  *fast forward *By 4:30 my hair is done and dinner three quarters of the way complete. I sit down to take a breather, and to figure out the best way to style my hair. I fussed and cursed and yelled, but to no avail. I couldn’t figure it out. I finished dinner and sat on the edge of my bed and decided to just leave it, to just enjoy my curly and thick hair and be done with it. I said a silent prayer that it would snow harder than it has ever snowed before, so that I can have another day off to relax and get the hair products to keep my curly hair looking as awesome as possible. So far so good, I hope everyone can have off and relax and enjoy the snow from home. As for me I am calling out.

Goodnight world
Stay warm and sweet dreams


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s